Sunday, June 26, 2011

~ Music ~

68.Egg Dye & Wax Napkin #1

Facilitation

I’m finding that one important aspect of the work I’m most interested in has to do with facilitation. This function can be looked at from an ecological viewpoint, such as an adult tree providing shade or shelter for an up and coming younger plant. Now, as the adult “tree”, I’m looking back on my many roles, seeing that I’ve been a facilitator all the while; evident in my 12 years as a Para Educator, where I worked with children with special needs. Creativity arrived in each situation where it was necessary to bridge the gap between the lessons designed for the able-bodied student to the individual with a particular handicap. This was where the creative fun came in for me, adapting learning requirements towards the student’s strengths, ensuring a better chance of retention and future application and success.

No comments:

Post a Comment