Sunday, June 26, 2011

...through Spirit

Through the gradual slowing down of vibrations, darkness becomes light, the shadows become colors, the colors...sound. It is believed, that even in this dark realm, there is sound. A sound so high on the scale of harmonics that it is inaccessible...we cannot hear it as it is.[1] At times, my mind might be etched darkly[2], but it never taints my confidence in this alchemic process as this slowing down...speaks to my character. I put my trust in the slowing of these vibrations, basking in a more heavenly light. Allowing the sounds I’ve yet to hear, resonate.

58. Italian Angel

The prisms that fill my room usually don’t arrive till after 3:00 p.m. Right on time...it’s now 3:33 and one just landed next to me. I put my hand out and it slides off the desk onto my hand, double helix and untwined rainbow, (re)marking, gently coursing the head and love lines patterned deeply on my palm. The color doesn’t sway or twirl today, just stays. Steadily pointing southwest and sits there still. Still.

The appearance of the rainbow is an auspicious sign.[3] Viewed as a staircase linking the earth (the world of illusion and suffering) to the heavens (Nirvana). I’m drawn to the radiance of the rainbow. The rainbows I reckon with daily, are always external. Perhaps calling me to safety by slowing down, paying attention. I have trouble trusting places outside of myself, though for some time, particularly in my photography, I’ve sensed my surroundings inviting me to accompany them. I’m in transition, a most exquisite transformation, evolution.


[1] http://www.colormatters.com/vis_bk_white.html

[2] Cixious uses the term black to signify that women have been left out, cut off from the “normal”.

The Laugh of the Medusa, Cixous, H. (1991). Retrieved from http://courses.essex.ac.uk/It/It204/cixous_medusa.htm (abbreviated version)Full version found in Robyn R. Warhol & Diane Price Herndl (eds.) Feminisms: An Anthology of Literary Theory & Criticism (NJ: Rutgers, 1991). pg. 575

[3] In the Sign of the Golden Wheel: Indian memoirs of an English Buddhist. Sangharakshita, S. (1996), Windhorse Publications, Birmingham. UK. pg. 174

No comments:

Post a Comment