Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nature is Calling

This confluence is of a different dimension, channeling what comes,

...and if you hesitate...it’s gone!

23. Flying Impatience


I’m finding a sense of freedom by way of reconnecting with nature; a natural connection that salutes me at every corner, beckoning me to go with her. Tempting me to linger just a while longer and perhaps give up everything else. I’m so allured and tempted by her beguiling nature, beauty, passion, that I barely can not connect. I want to stay in her flow...aurally, visually and spiritually.


I said to myself, I have things in my head that are not like what anyone has taught me -- shapes and ideas so near to me -- so natural to my way of being and thinking that it hasn't occurred to me to put them down. I decided to start anew, to strip away what I had been taught.” [1]


I have preserved over 15,000 photos, discarding half again that many. All have spirit. And they do speak: to my imagination, to my improvisational nature and to all my sensibilities as a freedom seeking artist. For the next several pages I will let my photos do the talking.

___________________________________

[1] http://www.arthistoryarchive.com/arthistory/modern/Georgia-OKeeffe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment